Ah, yes! It’s the beginning of a new year which means everyone is feeling all shiny & happy & we all have the highest of hopes for the months to come. And, what’s wrong with that!? As cheesy & over-used as it may seem, it’s so wonderful to be able to metaphorically start fresh every year. Kevin & I went to the grocery story & stocked up on healthy snacks for me (that being part of one of my “resolutions”). Our cart was filled mostly with fresh fruits & veggies. It was intriguing to see how low in stock the store was on fresh produce. I’d be interested to find out if that has any correlation to all the people & their New Year resolutions. I would put money on the answer being yes!
That being said, I’m keeping my resolutions small & simple this year. I know I’m a couple days late, but here are my resolutions for 2012 (in no order):
- Drink more water. I’ve already begun this one, but I want to keep it going. I like to freeze lemon slices & plop them into ice water. There’s really few things that are more refreshing! We all know how important our water intake is, so this resolution needs little explanation.
- Cook more! I’ve actually already started this one as well (I’m on a roll!). I made a delicious homemade soup a few days before Christmas. It was GOOD if I say so myself. And, even better the second day! I’m so spoiled because my boyfriend is such an amazing cook. But, I feel like 2012 is the year for me to step my game up. My sister also got me an adorable apron for Christmas that needs some serious breaking in! Oh, and I want to not only cook more, but cook healthier as well.
- Be kinder to myself. I seriously, seriously, seriously need to cut myself a break! I am determined to stop being so hard on myself & do little things to pamper myself. More massages . More manicures. More bubble baths. More time to unwind & not feel guilty about it. Less worrying about what others think of me. Less being my own worse critic. It’s time for me to learn how to really love myself.
- Shower those that I love with appreciation & adoration. This one is self-explanatory as well. I have some really amazing friends & family in my life. I am determined to be more selfless & show them how much they truly mean to me.
- Work out or shut up! I am constantly whining about my weight & how out of shape I am…as I shove chips into my face & watch my third episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey. So, I either need to get off the couch or stop bitching about my physical appearance to everyone. It’s annoying me, so I can only imagine how annoying it is to others! I plan on really working out this year! I’m still researching gym memberships, but I’m also considering actually purchasing a tread mill. That way, I’ll have no excuses!
Well, there you have it! Here’s to an amazing New Year with endless possibilities!